Saturday 30 June 2007

Music: Cut here - The cure

This is the music that I did a translation with some students and it seems a good work, so I´m writing it down here to share with you. Any doubts you can contact me to ask.
Enjoy!
* I must say thanks to my lovely student who wrote it in an email to me!

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=YnYD-_8uUpA
Cut Here - The Cure
"So (então) we meet (encontrar) again!" and I offer (oferecer) my hand
offer my hand – dar uma mãozinha
All dry (seco, frio) and English slow (devagar)And you look at me and I understandYeah it’s the look I’m used to (costumado com) know
(É a maneira que eu me acostumei a entender)
"Three long years... and your favorite man...Is that anyway to say hello?"
(Isso é maneira de dizer oi?)
And you hold (abraçar) me...Like you’ll (you will – contração) never let me go…
(Like you’ll – Comparação
Ex: You look like your mother / Você parece com sua mãe)
"Oh c’mon and have a drink with meSit down and talk a while... ""Oh I wish I could... and I will!But now I just don’t (só não) have the time... "And over my shoulder as (comparativo) I walk away
(E olho para tras enquanto eu caminho)
I see you give (dar) that look goodbye...I still (ainda) see that look in your eyes...
So dizzy (bobo) Mr. Busy (ocupado) – too much rush (correr) to talk to BillyAll the silly (idiota) frilly (babão) things have to first get done (ser feito)In a minute - Sometime soon (breve) - Maybe next (próximo) time - Make it JuneUntil (até) later…Doesn’t always (sempre) come (vir)…
It’ so hard (difícil / duro) to think "It ends sometimeAnd this could (poderia) be (ser / estar) the last (o ultimo)I should (deveria) really hear (ouvir) you sing againAnd I should really watch (assistir) you dance"Because it’s hard to think (pensar)"I’ll never get (ter / pegar) another chance to hold you...To hold you... "
But chilly (friorento) Mr. Dilly- too much rush To talk to Billy
(chilly – friotento / reservado / indiferente
Dilly – bacana)
All the tizzy fizzy (gasoso) idiot thing’s must get done
(tizzy – estado mental de agitação / confusão
Fizzy – efervecente, espumante)
In a second - Just Hang On (atender telephone / estender roupa) - All in good time - Won’t be longUntil later...I should’ve (should have – contração) stop to think - I should've made (passado de make – fazer) the timeI could’ve had that drink - I could’ve talked a whileI would’ve done it right - I would’ve moved us onBut I didn’t (passado de do/does – did not – contração) - now it's all too late it’s over... over...And you're gone...
I miss you I miss you I miss you I miss youI miss you I miss you so much…
But how many (quanto) times can I walk awayand wish "if only... " (se apenas)How many times can I talk this way (esta direção / dessa forma)and wish "if only... "
Keep on (mantenha-se) making the same (os mesmo) mistakekeep on aching (ansiar por) the same heartbreak (desolador)
(aching – dor / dolorido,
Heartbreak – magoa / desgosto / sofrimento)I wish "if only... "But "if only... "Is a wish too (também) late...



Notes

Hold = Hug – Abraçar
Another – um outro

‘cause ≠ cause
‘cause – contração because (porque)
Cause – motivo / causa

That – Aquele / Aquela / Que

Still = yet – ainda

Still ≠ steal
Steal – roubar

Think ≠ thing
Think – verbo pensar
Thing – coisa

Free – livre

Done – Past Perfect

Because (‘cause) – Resposta (porque)
Why – Pergunta (por que)

I will like = I’ll like
Will (ria - futuro)
Like – gostar

Hang On
Hang on phone? - Atender o telefone
Hang on the clothes? - Estender a roupa

Verbo Modal – Sempre acompanhado de outro verbo

Could (poderia)
Must (dever +++)
Should (deveria +)
Ought (++)
Will (ria)
Would (ria +)
Can (poder)

Talk = speak

Pick up (buscar / pegar)
Pode vir acompanhado de uma preposição - Pick (preposição) up

This way – essa direção / dessa forma / dessa maneira
I eat reality. I eat reality food. I just eat in this way.

Too = Also – Também

As… As – comparativo (como / tão... quanto)
You’re as beautiful as your mother (Você é tão bonita quanto a sua mãe)
You seem your mother (Você se parece com sua mãe)

No comments: